Musing Mondays 4
Musing Mondays #4
Musing Mondays is a weekly meme hosted by MizB @ Should Be Reading and is quite simple, really. It asks you to comment/muse each week on one of the following prompts:
- Describe one of your reading habits.
- Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
- What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
- Tell us what you're reading right now--what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; why you are (or aren't) enjoying it.
- Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
- Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books--let's here it, then!
I'm currently reading Belle Cora by Philip Margulies. I've had this book sitting on my dining room table for a while now (checked it out from the library about a month ago...the university where I work doesn't really have due dates for staff members) and have finally gotten around to starting it. I'll admit that it was a little slow to get into, but it's picking up and getting super interesting. I'm a little over halfway through with the hefty 600+ pages and I really want to see how Belle/Arabella/Harriet/etc. got to be where she is. The book is loosely based on a 19th century prostitute, Belle Cora, and written in memoir-ish form in two volumes. It's very intriguing (not overly sexual at all). I'd recommend it so far!
What are you currently reading?